Dental Implant Consults
Dental Implants are a very popular way to replace missing, loose or badly broken teeth.Dental Implant Treatments are considered an invasive procedure and as such, Dentists who place Dental Implants need to have additional training, advanced surgical skills and leading technology. Look for a Dentist who is credentialled in Dental Implants, who has both placed and restored over 1000 dental implants, uses a large and modern dental implant system such as Biohorizons and has the latest technology such as a Conebeam CT scanner and Trios Scanner. The Dental Implant Treatment starts with a Dental Implant Consultation.
1. The Consultation
A Dental Implant Consultation will assess and identify potential treatments and also alternative treatments that are indicated. The Consult begins with a detailed evaluation of your Dental and Medical Health and then onto a Mouth Assessment. Following a brief diagnosis, the possible treatment options will be discussed. Where needed, your Dentist will recommend a Major Cehckup to check the plan for the final Implant Treatment Plan.
By the end of the Dental Implant Consultation you will be given a brief written and verbal summary of the Consult Appointment and details of the next step/s.
2. The Planning and Discussion
With your implant plan now created, it is time to decide which treatment option you wish to follow and schedule your journey.
Our Dental Implant Philosophy
Dental Implants should be used to supplement your Dental Health and provide you with replacement teeth that remain stable and healthy for a long time. This often means that a Total-Mouth Approach is required, ensuring your Gums are healthy, teeth and Implants remain strong, and that your smile appearance is as you have wished.
Number, position, material for dental implants is also considered to provide a well-engineered, long-term treatment with materials and implants functioning with-in safe limits and high percentage of success.
Dental Implant Indicators
- Bone Shape and Size
- Bone Quality
- Gum Health
- Adjacent Teeth Health
- Bite Setup
- Cosmetic Appearance of all teeth
- General Mouth and Medical Health
To ensure consistency at Smile Artistry for all of our patients, our Dentists use very thorough computer technology which reconstructs and plans Dental Implant surgery on a computer. In larger detailed cases, we will make use of this technology to create a guide which essentially guides the Dental Implant into place in the jaw. This technology is available onsite within Smile Artistry and means that patients of Smile Artistry are rarely in a position where they are without their teeth.
Details about our Dental Implant Plans
Your plan will identify the following areas of treatment:
- URGENT TREATMENT is recommended to be completed as soon as possible and is aimed to halt decay and gum disease as soon as possible and to stop the progression of other developing problems. This usually means removing all teeth which have an expected life of less than 5 years.
- SHORT-TERM TREATMENT aims to build on this improved health and is typically aimed at early functional improvements for your teeth such as replacing defective fillings and ensuring gum health remains consistent. This will involve Bone Grafting and Placing the Dental Implants into the jaw.
- MEDIUM-TERM TREATMENT aims to continue the first two steps and deliver healthy and strong teeth for life. This stage in a Dental Implant Plan involves the construction and delivery of your new permanent dental implant teeth.
- LONG-TERM TREATMENT aims to keep everything healthy. Routine Check-up and cleaning appointments by Smile Artistry are essential.